5.17.2011

The Spindle

I have always been drawn to the spindle leg. The intricate detail doesn't feel fussy yet is quite pretty.  I adore this small desk at the French Market. I could see it as an entry table, bedside table, side table, and of course a desk for letter writing.


Of course I had to share a few more spindles that have inspired me so.



Below is my son's room. I knew I wanted him to have a spindle bed.




Beautiful aren't they?

{as always shipping is available through the French Market}

images 2,3,5,6 complied from Cote de Texas |image 1,4 are mine}

8 comments:

The enchanted home said...

This post sure does justice for the spindle leg! I have a small table with spindle legs and while I love the table I prefer smaller accent pieces over a big piece with it. Its decliate and interesting...beautiful post!

lizziefitz said...

My mom has a gorgeous gate leg table with spindles. So pretty.

The Vintique Object said...

I LOVE your son's room! I'm fan of the spindle too -- my mom has a spindle daybed that I absolutely covet.
Camille

Tiffany Riedel said...

I love spindle legs! Your son's room is very nice, that spindle bed frame is very unique indeed! I just found your blog and I love it so yes, I'm folling you now :) please visit my blog-space one day x

moreygirl said...

I love your son's room too! And that bedspread on the bed in the picture above it! Terrific design!

Anonymous said...

Love the zebra rug in that last photo! We have one in our living room and just love it! So chic.
xo E + J

Tara @ Professional Doctorate said...

My, you really are very fond of these spindles. But actually, they look great and awesome in furniture. It just gives an interesting twist and design in any furniture. And oh, you really have a wonderful house. Interiors are really great, too! Keep it up! Hope you’re having a grand time!

Please visit My Website: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

البيت المثالى said...

شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل