5.10.2011

Bamboo Chairs

I was quite excited when I saw a set of bamboo chairs at the French Market. To me they are a timeless staple that can look quite lovely in almost any setting. I love the black with gold detailing, quite stunning.


As always when I come across a piece that inspires I start on a hunt to find the settings that I imagine. One of my all time favorite kitchens by Windsor Smith is one of my favorite examples for the use of bamboo chairs. A long table right in the middle of the kitchen flanked with a combination of chairs is perfection in my book.
Nate Berkus uses a pair in a living space. I adore how they can be used in both a feminine and masculine space.


This is most decidedly a feminine space with major a glamor factor. Designer Erin Gates definitely knows how to add a bit of wow.


I normally refrain from using much color, but this space has me singing a new tune. It feels quite sophisticated, but the color most definitely adds touches of fun.


This space is probably most like me, simple with classic pieces and a bit of rustic charm. I rather like understated design.


*As always shipping is available from The French Market.

{Image 2 via decorpad, image 3 via Nate Berkus, image 4 via High Gloss Magazine, image 5 via Coastal Living, image 6 via decorpad}

6 comments:

The enchanted home said...

What a beautiful post!!! I love bamboo chairs. The first picture of them in black..ooh la la! Then the second picture of them in that kitchen....wow, so beautiful. And in fact, in each picture they look just stunning, they are just gorgeous in every room. A true love!

ALR said...

If I could redecorate my breakfast nook, I would use bamboo chairs. I am not sure they would look good with my farm table.

Herbgirl said...

Gorgeous chairs and blog. Just watched Nate myself. He's so great!
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I have a single bamboo chair that I adore. I'm constantly rotating it around my house because it makes such a statement in any room I put it in :)
So glad I found your blog. You've collected such lovely imagery.

Karena said...

Oh I adore bamboo chairs and what great examples in these fabulous settings!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily! You will love it!

Anonymous said...

We are so in love with bamboo chairs. In white, black, or even a sunny yellow it makes such a bold statement. Love all of these.
xo E + J