2.03.2011

Green Glass

Green is my favorite color. Well, as long as you don't include white and griege into the equation. I love to spend time outdoors gardening so maybe my green obsession stems from there. One of my favorite ways to incorporate green into a home is through the use of green glass. The antique green bottles are quite stunning and make quite a statement...



Isn't he smashing?

 

These just might be my favorite...


because this image is forever ingrained into my memory. I love everything about it and the glass jars above would make me one step closer to having a kitchen like this one day.


I would love to this piece in a home. The green glass mixed with the rope is quite unique and would make for a lovely vignette.


Okay, so the two following images aren't exactly of green glass, but they are beautiful and use the same idea.



Image 1 of Sally Wheats home via Cote de Texas
image 2 Sherry Hart Interior Design
image 3 & 4 The French Market
image 5 The old home of the blogger of the The Polished Pebble
image 6 The French Market
image 7 personal home of Sherry Hart via her blog, Design Indulgence
image 8 Tracery Interiors

13 comments:

YellowBirdDayBook said...

Have you ever bought any green depression glass? I have a few pieces that I love and the green really does vary based on age. Love the images you chose!

Lindsey said...

great post Paula! I love all the pictures :)

Ashley said...

I was really lucky to find a light green demijohn in perfect condition at a thrift store for only a few dollars...love the look of a collection!

Katie said...

Absolutely love the picture of Sherry Hart's home... there's something about the blue/brown/white combo that looks so fresh.

Polish and Patina said...

I want that kitchen! Gorgeous!

rustic rooster interiors said...

Great photos... I can't stop thinking of green too. Such a beautiful accent in any room. Classic and clean! :)

xoxo,
Alexandra

JMW said...

What great ways to display green glass! I adore that kitchen - may have to print that one and place it in my "dream kitchen" binder. :)

Marianne said...

Love these touches of green glass. I have some vintage green glass floats that I keep in a bowl. The color is so perfect!

ALR said...

I love green glass too! I have green throughout my whole house. Great post.

Camille @ The Vintique Object said...

What a fun coincidence. I just did a post about green, but it was more general and kind of all over the map. I don't recall ever having seen green antique bottles. They're gorgeous.

SHERRY HART said...

So excited to see my pictures! I had a slight hoarding problem with those bottles :)

Everlasting Blooms said...

I LOVE green also my favorite color! Also love that kitchen everything about it looks so cozy and warm.

~ I just found you through Just live simply, and I think I shall follow :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a great post. I am following you now.
Mary Ann